The Brigantine is a widebeam barge style vessel, elegantly designed to offer the very best of both residential and cruising options, whether that be on the UK or European Inland Waterways.
With steelwork developed and constructed by renowned stalwarts, Tyler-Wilson boatbuilders, Brigantine is a boat that dynamically delivers on all fronts.
Constructed to the highest specification to allow for exceptionally comfortable life afloat, Brigantine’s hallmarks of its pedigree are obvious, detail and design; quality of steelwork construction; thoughtful attention to detail – both for ease of use and longevity of performance.
Bespoke level interior fit-out, ‘domestic’ system & engineering installations as well as exterior finishing, is by Nottingham Boat Co, one of the most experienced boat builders in the business. This is an organisation with a team of experienced technicians with over 50 years’ experience in their craft.
Available to specify & purchase exclusively through The New & Used Boat Co., our vast experience with skilfully guide you through the entire process (offering experienced based advice as required) through hand-over. Rest assured, your total peace of mind is out constant goal
Some highlights of the Brigantine:
- Qualifying Ship for residential VAT Purposes
- Elegant and imposing design with great attention to detail
- Large choice of internal finishes (& combinations) such as oak, ash, cherry, maple and walnut, as well as a wide choice of traditional & contemporary paint finishes
- A mixture of Channelglaze barge style arch top opening windows and portholes
- A large glazed dog-box style roof lantern as standard in the saloon, plus optional ‘Houdini’ Hatch in the master cabin
- Beautiful spray painted marine specification gloss paints to the exterior, skilfully applied following full shot blasting and multiple applications of 2-pack Epoxy Primer
- Three standard layouts available, in four production lengths, with a myriad of optional choices, plus further opportunities to access our completely bespoke design & build services
- Perfect for river & canal continental cruising
- Collapsible all-weather windscreen/aft-deck cover, or full folding wheelhouse available
- Complete with a comprehensive cruising kit
Layout & Style:
The standard Brigantine layout is of the highly popular and practical reverse layout, with the galley at the stern followed by a large saloon area, guest suite/study (if requested), bathroom, with master cabin at the bow. We are happy to discuss and accommodate changes to the overall layout design or sizes of individual rooms.
The Brigantine is is currently available in three standard lengths 60, 65 & 70ft, although we do offer the flexibility of additional 1 foot length increments.
Lining & Materials:
Lower Sides: solid oak T&G boards along chine linings and oak veneered ply above the chine linings (apart from the master cabin, which is hand painted birch ply).
Upper Sides: either hand painted birch ply, or oak veneered ply, with ‘chunky’ solid oak traditional feature paneling (apart from master cabin which is solid oak T&G.
Ceiling/Deck-head: either hand painted birch ply, or oak veneered ply, with oak blockboard/solid oak trim.
All interior dividing bulkheads & walls are solid ‘stud’ type construction, with sound proofing and warmth retaining insulation.